There’s a whole lot of land out there, and the locations that matter for your safety and success may be very specific. Use Waypoints to mark the exact tree where you’ve set up your stand, or use a Track to trace the only path through dense undergrowth to your truck. Choose where you’ll place Waypoints, Lines and Areas on the map. Mark your location or start a Track to record where you’ve actually been.
- Waypoints - Tap and hold on the map to drop a waypoint, or add a waypoint from the Map Tools tab. You can choose a specific symbol and color before saving so you can make sense of everything you’ve marked at a glance. Colors can help to organize Markups for a specific year or hunt.
- Lines and Areas - Create lines and areas to draw planned routes or hunting zones on the map, or to take measurements. Groups hunting the same property often mark food plots, shooting lanes, and sanctuaries that shouldn’t be disturbed. Measurements like line lengths help you to plan routes that your legs can manage.
- Tracks - Start a track and cover ground with peace of mind as your path is drawn on the map. After nightfall in rough country, you can use this to backtrack to your camp or vehicle.
Now that you've learned these four basics of the onX Hunt App, you're ready to get out there and start exploring. But if you want to dig a little deeper, check out the links below to learn more:
- Click here to learn how to make sure your Offline Maps are ready to use in the field.
- Click here for a basic map legend.
- Click here to find out what devices you can use with your onX Hunt Membership.
- Click here to learn how to transfer Waypoints, Lines, Shapes, and Tracks from other mapping programs.