Share a Markup (Waypoint, Line, Shape or Track) with another onX user. Markups that are Shared with you by another user cannot be Shared or edited.
Sharing a Markup With Another onX Hunt User
Only the original creator of the Markup will be able to share the Markup. Markups that are Shared with you by another user cannot be Shared or edited.
- Locate the Markup you want to share on your map. If the Markup does not exist yet, create a new Markup at that location.
- Click the Markup on the map.
- Click "Share" in the message bubble above the Markup:
- The "Share..." window will appear on your screen:
- There are two ways to share a Markup using Web Map:
- Click the "Send Email" button to open your web browser's default email application. The email will already be filled out with a message telling the other user that you are sharing a Markup with them. Enter the email address of the user you want to share the Markup with in the "To" field, and send the email.
- Click the "Copy Link" button to copy the link to your computer's clipboard. You can then paste this link into a messaging application to send it to the other user.
Receiving a Markup From Another onX Hunt User
- You will receive a message from the creator of the waypoint that begins with: "A new onX Hunt..."
This message will most likely arrive via email. If you are unable to locate the message, ask the creator of the waypoint what method they used to share it.
- The message will contain a link that looks like this: "https://huntsmarter.app.link/xxxxxxxxx." Click the link in the message.
The onX Web Map will open to the location of the shared Markup and ask if you want to add it to your map and content:
- Tap the red "Yes, add it" button to add the Markup to your map and My Content Menu.
NOTE: The shared Markup will be listed under the date it was originally created, not the date you received it.
Editing a Shared Markup
Only the original creator of the Markup will be able to edit.
- To edit a Markup, open the My Content Menu and click the three dots () to open the "View/Edit" menu.
- Make your changes to the Markup and tap the red "Save" button:
Any onX Hunt users you've shared the Markup with will see the changes to the Markup in their account.
- Other users you've Shared with will be able to view the Markup's details, but not edit it.
- The padlock icon () next to the Markup's name indicates that the Markup cannot be edited by this account.
Deleting a Shared Markup
- When the original creator of the Markup deletes it, the Markup will also be removed from the map and My Content Menu of everyone it was shared with.
- When a user who receives the shared Markup deletes it, the Markup will only be removed from their map and My Content Menu.
Sharing Multiple Markups at Once
If you have a large number of Markups or do not want to share them one-by-one, there is an alternative method for sharing multiple Markups at the same time.
- Use the onX Hunt Web Map's Export feature to save your Markups to your computer.
- You can then send this Markup file to another onX User for them to save into their account using Web Map. The easiest way to send the file is via email.
The Import and Export functions are meant for transferring your content into other mapping programs, so onX-specific information will not be preserved. This includes: names, notes, colors, Line weights, Waypoint Photos and icons.
NOTE: If you use this method to share, the Markups will be saved into the other user's account as if they created the Markups themselves. You will not be able to remove or edit the Markups in the other user's account yourself.