The onX Hunt App is for use on a smartphone or tablet and can be downloaded onto your mobile device from the iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store. Click here for instructions on how to download the onX Hunt App.
The onX Hunt Chip is for use with a Garmin GPS device and can be purchased from sporting goods stores, online retailers and www.onXmaps.com. The onX Hunt Chip will not work with any other type of device. Click here to purchase an onX Hunt Chip.
Included With Both the onX Hunt Chip and onX Hunt App
- Property boundaries
- Government lands
- Hunting units
- Roads and trails
- Recreation sites
- 24K topographic lines
Benefits of the onX Hunt App
- Satellite imagery: the onX Hunt App has three different basemaps you can choose from: satellite imagery, 24k topography, or a hybrid of the two.
- Map Layers can be turned on and off so you can customize the onX Hunt App to show only the information you need.
- Offline Maps give you the ability to save maps to your device for use outside the cell network. How Do I Save, Test, and Use Offline Maps?
- Specialty map layers:
- The onX Hunt App is free to download and includes a 7-day Trial of the Premium Membership.
- After the 7-day Trial Membership expires, you will not be charged unless you purchase a Premium or Elite Membership.
- A paid Membership is required to view private property, government lands and other map information in the onX Hunt App. What is the onX Hunt Membership?
Benefits of the onX Hunt Chip
- Plug-and-play: the onX Hunt Chip is ready to go right out of the package and no special set up is required.
- Registering your onX Hunt Chip activates the onX Hunt Membership but isn't necessary for the chip to work in your Garmin GPS or computer. How Do I Register My onX Hunt Chip?
- One-time purchase: the onX Hunt Chip is yours for life and doesn't require any additional fees for usage. How Do I Purchase the onX Hunt Chip?
- Purchase of the onX Hunt Chip includes one year of the Premium onX Hunt Membership so you can use the onX Hunt App and update your onX Hunt Chip.
- $30 yearly updates mean no need to purchase full-price chips when map information changes. How Do I Update the onX Hunt Chip?
- No need to download maps for use outside the cell network. Since all of the data is stored on the onX Hunt Chip itself and not downloaded over the internet, your maps will always be available.
Why Is the Chip More Expensive?
Even though the onX Hunt App includes more features, it is less expensive because it is not a physical product. onX Hunt Chips are produced and shipped from our facility in Missoula, Montana. Producing physical products, distributing them around the country and obtaining space in retail stores is much more expensive than distributing digital products.
Can I Use onX Hunt on My PC or Laptop?
onX Hunt is available on Windows or Mac computers with either the onX Hunt Membership or the onX Hunt Chip.
- With the onX Hunt Membership, you can view maps on your PC or laptop by logging in to our website. Click here to learn more.
- The onX Hunt Chip can be used on your PC or laptop with Garmin's BaseCamp program installed. Click here to learn more.