The onX Hunt App works on a smartphone or tablet.
Click here to find out if your smartphone or tablet is compatible.
The onX Hunt Chip works in a handheld Garmin GPS unit.
Click here to find out if your GPS unit is compatible.
Each product has it's own set of benefits, so keep reading to find out which product will work best for your needs.
Both products include:
- Private Landowner information
- Government Lands information
- Hunting Units (GMUs)
- 1:24K topography
- Roads and trails
- Recreation sites
Benefits of the onX Hunt App
- Automatic map updates
- Satellite imagery
- Sections, Township and Range information
- Roadless Areas
- Timber Cut information
- Historic Wildfire information
- Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA) Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) Distribution
- Forest Visitor Maps
- Trail Mileages and Trail Slope information
- Offline Mapping to use outside of cell service
Benefits of the onX Hunt Chip
- Easy to use: just install the Chip in your GPS and you're ready to go
- Free updates for the first year after you register the Chip
- After the first year you can update your onX Hunt Chip for just $30 instead of buying another full-price chip
- Works anywhere without the need to save maps before you head out
Why is the onX Hunt Chip more expensive than the onX Hunt App?
The onX Hunt App includes more features but it is less expensive because it is not a physical product. onX Hunt Chips are produced and shipped from our facility in Missoula, Montana.
Producing physical products, distributing them around the country and obtaining space in retail stores is much more expensive than distributing digital products.