Uploaded Markups (Waypoints, lines, shapes and tracks) must be in one of two formats: KML or GPX files.
Error Message - "You may only upload a KML or GPX file"
To Solve this problem, import the file into Garmin BaseCamp, then export it from BaseCamp as GPX file.
- Click here to download Garmin BaseCamp
- Click here for instructions on how to import the file into BaseCamp
- Click here for instructions on how to export the file from BaseCamp
- Click here for instructions on how to upload the GPX file into Web Map
Error Message - "Your file must be under 2 MB"
- Save the Markups individually or in smaller groups and upload them again.
- If the file your upload contains a single large Track, it may be larger than 2 MB. In this case, the Track needs to be split into smaller segments.
Click here for instructions on splitting your Track into smaller segments using Garmin BaseCamp
The File Saved Successfully, but Does Not Show on Map or in My Content Menu
Some KML files contain extra data attached by Google Earth that is not compatible with onX.
- Convert the KML file to a GPX file. The best way we've found to do this is by using the GPS Visualizer file converting page.
- Download the GPX file to your computer and upload it into Web Map. Click here for instructions on how to upload the GPX file into Web Map.