7-Day Free Trial Memberships do not need to be canceled, they will expire at the end of the 7 days and you will not be charged unless you manually purchase a Membership.
Canceling your Membership means turning off automatic renewal. After canceling your Membership, you will have access to the paid features for the remainder of the year or month you paid for. After the subscription term ends, you will not lose any of your Markups (Waypoints, Lines, Shapes, and Tracks) but you will lose access to all paid features like private and government Lands, and you will only be able to save one Offline Map.
Your Membership can be canceled using the same billing system used to buy it, and this article includes instructions for canceling in all three billing systems. Depending on how you bought your Membership, your billing may be handled by onX, the iTunes & App Store (iPhones and iPads), or the Google Play Store (Android devices).
This article has four parts:
- Find your billing source and cancel a Membership on the onXmaps.com website.
- Cancel your Membership in the iTunes & App Store.
- Cancel your Membership in the Google Play Store.
- What happens to your Markups (Waypoints, Lines, Shapes, and Tracks), and account after you cancel.
Part 1 - Find your purchase source and cancel a Membership purchased from onX:
The easiest way to find your billing source is to track down the original receipt. Check your email inbox from around the time of your original purchase for a receipt from the App Store, the Google Play Store, or onXmaps.com.
If you can't find the receipt, you can find your billing source on the onX Hunt Web Map's Manage Memberships Menu.
On your desktop computer, laptop computer, or mobile internet browser, click here to log into the onX Hunt Web Map's Manage Memberships Menu.
If you see "Cancel Membership" at the bottom of the Manage Memberships Menu then your billing is handled by onX and you can click "Cancel Membership" to cancel your Membership renewal.
If you don't see "Cancel Membership," and you do see "Redemption" underneath your Membership, then your Membership will expire without automatically renewing and there is no need to cancel.
If you don't see "Cancel Membership" or "Redemption," then your billing is handled by the iTunes & App Store or the Google Play Store. Scroll down for iTunes & App Store and Google Play Store cancelation instructions.
Part 2 - Cancel a Membership purchased from the iTunes & App Store (iPhones and iPads):
Open the Settings App on your iPhone or iPad.
Tap your name at the top of the Settings Menu.
Tap your onX Hunt subscription.
Tap "Cancel Subscription."
Part 3 - Cancel a Membership purchased in the Google Play Store (Android devices):
Open the Google Play Store App on your Android device.
Tap your profile picture in the upper right corner of the Google Play Store.
Tap "Payments and subscriptions."
Tap your onX Hunt subscription.
Tap "Cancel Subscription" at the bottom of the screen.
What happens after you cancel:
After your Premium or Elite Membership expires, you will have a Basic (free) Membership.
Markups (Waypoints, Lines, Shapes, and Tracks): all of your Markups saved to your account even with an expired Membership. To be absolutely sure you never lose this content, use the "Export" feature in Web Map to save it to your computer before your Membership expires. Click here to learn how to use the "Export" feature in onX Hunt Web Map.
With a Basic (free) Membership, you will lose access to the following features:
- Private Lands Layer(s).
- Government Lands Layer(s).
- Sections, Township and Range Layer.
- Roadless Areas Layer.
- Timber Cuts Layer.
- Historic Wildfires Layer.
- National Deer Association (NDA) Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) Distribution Layer.
- Forest Visitor Maps Layer.
- Recreation Sites Layer.
- Trail Mileages and Trail Slope Layers.
- All Offline Maps are deleted.
- Hunting Unit (GMU) Layers for all 50 states.
- USFWS Hunt Areas Layer.
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (RMEF) Layer.
- National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) Wild Turkey Records Layer.
- Motor Vehicle Roads & Trails (MVUM) Layer.
- You will only be able to save one Offline Map at a time with a Basic (free) Membership.
With a Basic (free) Membership, you will still have the following features:
- All your Markups (Waypoints, Lines, Shapes and Tracks) in your My Content Menu and the ability to create new ones using the Map Tools Menu.
- The ability to record your path with the Tracker.
- Satellite, topo, and hybrid Basemaps.
- Wind & Weather information.
If you have any trouble, we're here to help:
If you have any trouble canceling your Membership, our support staff is happy to help and we generally respond to all customer contacts within 24 business hours.