Tap the Wind and Weather Button in the bottom-right corner of the main map to display temperature, weather, wind direction and speed. Wind and Weather conditions will be displayed at the locations of NOAA weather stations around the country. The units used are MPH and degrees Fahrenheit.
Wind & Weather Button
Tap to switch between:
Wind direction and speed
Weather and temperature
Wind & Weather disabled
- By default, the app will display wind and weather information as reported by the closest NOAA station to the location displayed on your screen. As you pan around the map, the information displayed will switch to the closest NOAA station.
- The selected station will be colored, other stations will be grey.
- Tap any station displayed on the map to lock the Wind & Weather display to that station.
- To unlock the Wind & Weather display from a station, tap the button to disable Wind & Weather. Tap the button again to turn it back on and return to default settings.
- If you see two dashes instead of a number on the weather button or on a NOAA station, that indicates the station is not currently reporting.
Wind & Weather Info Bar
Tap any NOAA station on the map to display the Info Bar at the bottom of the screen. The Info Bar displays:
- Name of the weather station
- Distance from your physical location
- Detailed wind and weather information
- Likelihood of precipitation (%)
- Barometric Pressure
- Sunrise and Sunset
Tap the Info Bar to expand it and view an extended forecast:
Tap "Temp," "Precip" or "Wind" to change the forecast display.