We’ve just released a significant update to our Basemaps! This change brings our best Aerial (Satellite), Topographic (Topo) and Hybrid Basemaps (Both) right to your fingertips.
How do I get the new Basemaps?
1. Update to the newest App version.
2. Save or re-save your Off-Grid maps for this fall.
3. Remove old saved maps. You will need to delete any old Off-Grid maps in order to see the new Basemaps when offline.
Finding the best source of satellite imagery has been an ongoing challenge for us. In the lower 48 states, onX Aerial imagery was built in-house, stitched together from a large set of images acquired from NAIP.
At the closest levels in online mode, Google imagery is now available as well.
*NOTE: There will be some locations with snow cover, thick foliage, or other features that may no longer be present.
onX Zoom Level Data Sources
2000 mi - 1000 ft
200 ft - 0 ft
|Lower 48 States||onX Aerial||Google Earth||onX Aerial|
|Hawaii / International||ESRI|
- onX users in the lower 48 states will have onX Aerial imagery for the majority of zoom levels and in Off-Grid mode, and Google imagery at the highest zoom levels.
- onX users in Alaska will have ESRI data at all zoom levels and in Off-Grid mode.
- onX users in Hawaii, and international users, will have Google imagery at all zoom levels, and ESRI in Off-Grid mode.