The private property information displayed in the onX Hunt App is acquired from a number of different sources. The onX Hunt App is for reference purposes and does not constitute a legal survey.
Some sources are more accurate than others, and unfortunately it is not possible to verify every single property boundary and landowner. However, onX has a process in place to correct these errors when users encounter them.
NOTE: Error reporting is currently only available in the onX Hunt App, not on the Web Map.
How to Report an Error
- Tap anywhere inside the property boundary of the property that needs correction.
- The About this location window will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap "Report Error" on the right side of the window.
- Tap the box next to the error type. Check all the boxes that apply; you do not need to submit separate error reports for multiple error types.
- Tap "Next."
- Fill out the text boxes with the correct information and tap "Report Errors."
What Happens Next?
- Our mapping team will be notified
- The information will be verified with our data sources during the next update to the area
- If the correction is made you will be notified when the updated information is released