The "Off-Grid" Maps Feature Allows you to Save a Section of Your Map for use Outside of the Cell Network.
1. Save an Off-Grid map:
- Tap "Save New Map."
- The section of map outlined in red is the area that will be downloaded. Move the map to the area that you want to save.
- There are three choices for your map size. The small and medium sizes will save your map in high resolution, while the large size will save your map in low resolution.
- High Resolution - Maximum detail, layer visibility, and zooming capabilities.
- Low Resolution - Larger area, less detailed.
- The selected map size will be underlined in red. Tap the different map sizes to change your selection. If you'll need property boundaries and other small-scale information when you're off-grid, make sure to save your map in one of the two high-resolution (5 or 10 miles wide) formats.
- The map will save all three Basemaps automatically, so you will be able to toggle between them in Off-Grid mode.
- Tap inside the "Name" box to give your saved map a distinctive label.
- Tap the "Save" button to begin the download. Wait until this map is done saving before downloading another. When the download completes, a new Off-Grid map will appear in your Off-Grid maps menu.
- A spinning red circle indicates that the map is currently downloading. Wait for the download to complete before doing anything else in the App.
- If your screen goes to sleep, the download will continue.
- To enter offline mode, tap the "Go Offline" button in the Off-Grid tab.
- Only maps you have saved will be visible in Off-Grid mode.
- In Off-Grid mode, all saved maps will be visible, so it is not necessary to manually toggle between them when you move from one area to another.
2. Test your Off-Grid map:
- Once the map is done downloading, put your phone into airplane mode to simulate being outside the cell network.
- On the Off-Grid maps tab, tap the "Go Offline" button.
- In airplane mode your phone is not able to access the internet, so any maps you're seeing on the screen have been saved to your phone. Pan the map around and zoom in and out to make sure all the data you need is visible.
3. Next Step: Go Hunt!
- Before you head out, you may want to put your device into Airplane mode to conserve the battery life.
- Make sure to hit the "Go Offline" button in the Off-Grid maps menu, otherwise you will not be able to view your saved maps.