Unlock Confidence in the Unknown
Look for the Off-Grid maps menu at the bottom of the screen
1. Save an Off-Grid map:
*NOTE: We recommend connecting to a Wi-Fi network when saving maps.
- Tap "Save New Map."
- The section of map outlined in red is the area that will be downloaded. Move the map to the area that you want to save.
- There are three choices for your map size.
- 5-Mile Wide High Resolution - Maximum detail, layer visibility, and zooming capabilities.
- 10-Mile Wide Medium Resolution - Slightly larger area, slightly less detail.
- 100 / 150-Mile Wide Low Resolution - Largest area, least detailed.
- The selected map size will be underlined in red. Tap the different map sizes to change your selection. If you'll need property boundaries and other small-scale information when you're off-grid, make sure to save your map in one of the two high-resolution (5 or 10 miles wide) formats.
- The map will save all three Basemaps automatically, so you will be able to toggle between them in Off-Grid mode.
- Tap inside the "Name" box to give your saved map a distinctive label, if desired.
- Tap the "Save" button to begin the download. Wait until this map is done saving before downloading another. When the download completes, a new Off-Grid map will appear in your Off-Grid maps menu.
- A spinning red circle indicates that the map is currently downloading. Wait for the download to complete before doing anything else in the App.
- If your screen goes to sleep, the download will continue.
- If you see the message "Map Server Busy," wait a few minutes and try saving your map again.
2. Test your Off-Grid map:
- Once the map is done downloading, put your phone into airplane mode to simulate being outside the cell network.
- On the Off-Grid maps tab, tap the "Go Offline" button.
- In airplane mode your phone is not able to access the internet, so any maps you're seeing on the screen have been saved to your phone. Pan the map around and zoom in and out to make sure all the data you need is visible.
*NOTE: The satellite imagery you see in Off-Grid mode will be different than the satellite imagery you see when normally using the App. It will have slightly less resolution at the highest zoom level, even when saving the 5-mile wide high resolution map. Click here for more information our new satellite imagery.
3. Next Step: Go Hunt!
- To enter offline mode, tap the "Go Offline" button in the Off-Grid tab.
- Only maps you have saved will be visible in Off-Grid mode.
- In Off-Grid mode, all saved maps will be visible, so it is not necessary to manually toggle between them when you move from one area to another.
- Before you head out, you may want to put your device into airplane mode to conserve the battery life.
4. Delete your Off-Grid map:
- All your saved Off-Grid maps are listed in the Off-Grid menu.
- Tap the "Delete" button on each Off-Grid map to remove it.
- Once an Off-Grid map has been deleted, it CANNOT be recovered. If you delete one by mistake, you'll need to save it again.
- If you do not see the "Delete" button, most likely the font size is set too large on your device. Locate the font setting in your device's settings menu and decrease the size to "Normal" or "Medium."
- You can also delete all your Off-Grid maps at once by uninstalling and reinstalling the App.
- We make frequent updates to our maps, so make sure to delete and re-save your Off-Grid maps often to ensure you have the most up-to-date information available.