If you like using BaseCamp for scouting, or have waypoints, shapes, and tracks saved in your GPS, you can now upload this content into your onX account and view it on your phone while in the field.
1. Open BaseCamp and plug the GPS into the computer with the USB cable. If you do not have BaseCamp on your computer, click here to install: Garmin BaseCamp.
*NOTE: if you're importing directly from BaseCamp and not your GPS unit, skip down to step 4.
2. Wait for BaseCamp to recognize your GPS. It will appear under the "Devices" heading on the left side of the screen.
3. Click on "Internal Storage." The Markups saved on your GPS will be listed in the window below. If you're importing directly from BaseCamp, your Markups will be saved in the "My Collection" folder.
4. Select the Markups you want to load. To select multiple Markups at the same time, hold down the SHIFT key or CTRL key while clicking the ones you want. Once you have all the Markups you want selected, click File > Export > Export Selection:
5. Your computer's save dialogue will appear. BaseCamp will save all of your Markups as a single file. By default, it will be saved as a GPX file. Make sure to save the file someplace you will be able to find it again.