The steps below are for typical Garmin Handheld GPS devices. Refer to your GPS device's owner's manual for complete instructions on installing SD chips in your device.
- Remove the battery cover on the back of the GPS.
- Remove the batteries.
- Unlock and lift up the metal cover.
- Slide the onX Hunt Chip into the SD chip tray. Make sure the notches on the chip line up with the notches in the tray.
- Close the metal cover and slide it down into the lock position.
- Replace the batteries and battery cover, then turn the device on.
For the onX Hunt Chip to work correctly:
- The device must be a Garmin handheld GPS with a color screen and an SD card slot.
Click here to view our list of compatible GPS devices.
- The metal cover must be closed and locked for the GPS unit to read the chip. To check if the metal cover is locked, shake the unit before replacing the batteries. If the metal cover is locked, the SD chip will not fall out.