Refer to your GPS device's owner's manual for complete instructions on installing SD chips in your device. Follow this link for Garmin's GPS owner manuals.
- Remove the battery cover and batteries.
- Unlock and lift up the metal cover.
- Slide the onX Hunt Chip into the SD chip tray. The notches on the chip line up with the notches in the tray.
- Close and lock the metal cover.
- Replace the batteries and battery cover and turn the device on.
Your Garmin GPS unit will work the same as it did before, but the map you see will be drastically improved. Follow this link for a map legend.
Check that your GPS unit is reading the onX Hunt Chip
- Go to the main map.
- Zoom in past one mile on the state included with your onX Hunt Chip.
- You should see private landowner information, government lands, and hunting units.