The Map Layers Menu Allows You to Customize Your Map to Show Only the Information You Want.
The Layers Menu is divided into 2 sections: State and Nation:
- Private Parcels
- Public Lands
- Hunting Unit Boundaries
- Walk-in areas
- Other State-specific layers
- Hunting Specialty Layers
- Trails and Trail Info
- Water and Weather
Some of the layers in the "Nation" section may obscure State layer data. If you're having trouble viewing map features, check to see if you have any of the layers in the "Nation" section turned on. Common layers that cause this problem are:
- Roadless Areas (map looks dark)
- Precipitation Radar (colored blotches)
- NWTF Wild Turkey Records (yellow / orange shading everywhere)
- Wilderness (diagonal yellow hash marks)
Customizing Your Map Using the Layers Menu
- Tapping the picture next to a layer will enable it, making it visible on the map. When it's enabled, it will be outlined in green and the word "ON" will be visible under the icon.
- Tap the picture again to turn the layer off.
- If you have an Elite membership, scroll to the bottom of the State layers section, and tap the "Manage States" button to switch between states.
|Layer turned off:||Layer turned on:|
- Tap the "Layer Settings" button to display more information about a layer and adjust the layer's properties.
- Increase the transparency to make the layer more see-through on the map.
- Some layers have additional options in Layer Settings, such as switching between species in the Hunting Units layer:
Looking for a Map Legend? Click here.