- My Layers: Layers available for viewing on the map.
- Layer Library: all onX Hunt Layers.
- Layer Settings: change sublayers (such as hunting unit species), adjust layer transparency, get additional layer information.
Customize Your Map to Show Only the Information You Want.
The Layers Menu is divided into 2 sub-menus:
- Layers currently available for viewing. Only layers in this menu can be enabled for viewing on the map.
- Layers that are currently not available for viewing. Layers in this menu must be added to the My Layers menu before they can be enabled.
Both My Layers and the Layer Library are organized into sections:
- Each state has it's own section.
- Hunt - Hunting specialty layers, like the current and historic wildfires, timbercuts, etc.
- Trails & Rec - Trail maps and statistics, and general outdoor recreation information.
- Water - Nautical charts, Great Lakes Bathymetry, and River Stage Forecasts.
*NOTE: If you recently upgraded from a Trial Membership, or your Membership just renewed, you may need to refresh your Layers menu. Click here for instructions on refreshing map layers.
Customizing Your Map Using Map Layers
- Before a layer in the Layer Library can be viewed on the map, it must be added to the My Layers menu:
- Tap on Layer Library at the top of the Layers menu.
- Locate the Layer you'd like to add to the My Layers menu, and tap the plus sign under the icon to move it to the My Layers menu.
- When a Layer from the Layer Library is added to the My Layers menu, it is automatically enabled.
- To enable any other Layer in the My Layers menu, tap the icon next to the name of the Layer. When it's enabled, it will be outlined in green and the word "ON" will be visible under the icon.
|Layer turned off:||Layer turned on:|
- To remove a Layer from the My Layers menu, tap on "Layer Settings" and then "Put back in Library."
*Note: From time-to-time you may want to refresh your map Layers to ensure all your customizations take effect. Click here for instructions on refreshing map layers.
- Layer Settings are only accessible through the My Layers menu.
- Layers in the Layer Library will have a description, but the settings cannot be adjusted until it is added to the My Layers menu.
- Tap the "Layer Settings" button to display more information about a layer and adjust the layer's properties.
- Increase the transparency to make the layer more see-through on the map.
- Tap "Put Back in Library" to remove the Layer from the My Layers menu and move it back to the Layer Library.
- Some layers have additional options in Layer Settings, such as switching between species in the Hunt Units layer:
Looking for a Map Legend? Click here.