The onX Hunt Chip is protected from copying, so your computer will not be able to read the chip like normal and may display a message that the chip is corrupt or unreadable.
- Check the "Lock" Slider on the SD Chip Adapter
If your onX Hunt Chip is plugged directly into the computer with the micro SD adapter, the slider on the side must be set to the "unlock" position.
- Remove the SD adapter from your computer. The onX Hunt Chip does not need to be removed from the adapter.
- Check the position of the "Lock" slider, and move it away from the "Lock" position.
- Reinstall the SD adapter with the onX Hunt Chip inserted into your computer.
- Check if Your GPS Device Has Mass Storage Mode
"Mass Storage Mode" is a feature on some GPS models that must be enabled in order for your computer to read the onX Hunt Chip installed in the device.
GPS Models With Mass Storage Mode
Astro 220* | eTrex Legend Cx | eTrex Legend HCx | eTrex Venture Cx | eTrex Vista Cx | eTrex Vista HCx | GPSMAP 60Cx | GPSMAP 60CSx | GPSMAP 76Cx | GPSMAP 76CSx | Rino 520HCx | Rino 530HCx
To get around this issue, plug the onX Hunt Chip directly into your computer with the adapter provided in the package, or enable Mass Storage Mode on Your GPS Device:
- Connect the device to the computer using the USB cable
- Go to the Main Menu
- Select "Setup"
- Select "Interface"
- Select "USB Mass Storage Mode"
*Enabling Mass Storage Mode on the Astro 220:
- Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable
- Go to the Main Menu
- Select "Advanced"
- Select "Settings"
- Select "System"
- Press "Menu"
- Select "Mass Storage Mode"
- Remove the Chip, Clean It, and Reinstall
- Remove the onX Hunt Chip from your computer.
- Clean the brass contacts on the back of the chip with a dry, clean cloth or paper towel.
- Reinstall the chip in your computer.
- Test the Chip in Another SD Card Slot, Computer, USB cord, or GPS Device
The computer, SD chip slot or USB cord you're using may not be functioning correctly.
- If your computer has more than one SD card slot, try installing the onX Hunt Chip in one of the other slots.
- If you have a GPS device with an SD card slot, install the onX Hunt Chip in the GPS and connect it to your computer with a USB cord.
- If you have access to another computer, try installing the onX Hunt Chip on that computer instead.
- If you have access to another GPS device, try connecting the onX Hunt Chip to your computer using that device instead.
- The USB cable itself may be defective, try connecting the GPS to the computer using a different cord.
If the onX Hunt Chip works with one device but not another, this indicates that the problem is with the device itself and not the onX Hunt Chip. Consult the device's manufacturer for further instructions.