If you're using the adapter, make sure the "lock" slider on the side is unlocked. After unlocking the adapter, insert it back into your computer. If it's still not working, try the troubleshooting steps below.
- If your device has "Mass Storage Mode" it must be turned on in order for your computer to read the onX Hunt Chip installed in the device.
The easiest way to solve this problem is to connect your onX Hunt Chip to your computer using the SD adapter instead of the USB cable. Follow this link to learn more about connecting the onX Hunt Chip to your computer.
Some common GPS devices with Mass Storage Mode are:
- Astro 220
- eTrex Legend Cx and HCx
- eTrex Venture Cx
- eTrex Vista Cx and HCx
- GPSMAP 60Cx, 60CSx, 76Cx, 76CSx
- Rino 520HCx and 530 HCx
Consult the owner's manual for your GPS device to for more information about using Mass Storage Mode. Follow this link to find the owner's manual for your Garmin's GPS.
- Check to see if the brass contacts on your Chip have corroded to the point where the GPS or computer can no longer read it.
- Remove the onX Hunt Chip from your GPS or computer.
- Clean the brass contacts on the back of the Chip with a dry cloth or paper towel.
- Reinstall the onX Hunt Chip to see if it's working.
If you try the steps above and your onX Hunt Chip is still not working, the problem may be the computer. Try testing the onX Hunt Chip in another computer or GPS device.
Follow this link to learn how to install the onX Hunt Chip in a desktop or laptop computer.
Follow this link to learn how to install the onX Hunt Chip in a GPS unit.
If the onX Hunt Chip works in another GPS device or computer, please contact your computer's manufacturer to troubleshoot.
If the onX Hunt Chip is not working in any GPS unit or computer, follow this link and scroll to the bottom of the article to find out how to get a replacement.