We gather our data from a variety of sources, and we're constantly checking to make sure our source is the most accurate available in all areas. We work with our data sources to make any corrections whenever errors are discovered.
Click here for instructions on reporting map errors in the onX Hunt App
Private Land Data
- For the most part, you can expect the private property boundaries to be accurate to within 5-10 feet. However, this depends on the individual county and data source.
- Some counties and data sources are much better at keeping their information up-to-date and accurate than others, but we work closely with them to correct errors when our customers encounter them.
- Click here for instructions on reporting map errors in the onX Hunt App
Government Land Data
- Our government land information is acquired from the county, state and federal level, so it will have the same level of accuracy as you will find elsewhere.
- The blue dot that indicates your location in the onX Hunt App is pulling your location data from the GPS receiver and mobile data network on your phone or tablet.
- If your location appears to be off, click here to troubleshoot.
Map Update Schedule
- The current process limits our ability to update landowner information. Typically, this is done every one-to-two years, depending on the availability of the data.
- In 2019 there will be limited updates as we are currently building a new process that will allow us to update much more frequently in the future.
- Each county formats their data differently, and the new process will allow us to obtain county data and translate it into the onX Hunt App much faster.