After registering your onX Hunt Chip, you will be able to update it for free for one year. Click here for instructions on registering your onX Hunt Chip.
After the first year, a Premium ($29.99 per year) or Elite ($99.99 per year) Membership is required.
The Chip Updater will not allow you to change the state or add additional states to your onX Hunt Chip.
- If you have not already done so, activate your Membership by purchasing Premium or Elite, or by entering a Membership Redeem Code.
- Click here for instructions on how to check your Membership status
- Purchase a Premium or Elite Membership
- If you have a Membership Redeem Code, click here to activate your Membership
- Connect your onX Hunt Chip to your desktop or laptop computer, click here for instructions.
- From your desktop or laptop computer, log into Web Map.
- Click the Chip Updater Button on the left side of the screen.
- Click "Download for Windows." A file named Setup.exe will download into your computer's default download location.
- Locate the Setup.exe file on your computer and double-click it to run the Chip Updater program.
- Enter your onX Hunt email and password and click "Login."
- After reading the Terms of Service, click the box next to "I agree to the terms of the License Agreement" and click the "Next" button.
- The program will scan your computer for the onX Hunt Chip and let you know if an update is available or not. The old version of your chip will be displayed along with the version to which it is being updated. Click "Next" to begin the update.
- The Chip Updater will complete 3 tasks to update your onX Hunt Chip. The entire process will take between 10 minutes to an hour, depending on your internet speed.
- When the update is complete, click the "Exit" button and remove the onX Hunt Chip from your computer.