The Share Waypoint feature allows you to share a waypoint with anyone.
To share a waypoint:
- Make sure you and the person you are sharing the waypoint with have the latest version of the Hunt App: Click here to update iOS and Android
- Create and save a waypoint or find an existing waypoint. Visit the Map Tools FAQ for instructions.
- Find the waypoint you want to share on the map and tap it once.
- A message will appear with the waypoint's name and date it was created, along with two options: Edit, and Share. Tap Share.
- You will be presented with a number of options. Each of these is an app on your device that has the ability to communicate with another device. The suggested ways to share waypoints are text message or email.
* The person you are sharing the waypoint with does not need to have a paid membership or the app on their device. If they do not have the Hunt App, they will be asked to download and create an account, then the waypoint will appear on their map.
|Android||iPhone / iPad|
A link will be sent to the email or phone number you enter. When the other user clicks this link, it will open the Hunt App to the location and save the waypoint into their My Content folder. The waypoint will be named "Shared," along with the date. The shared waypoint will be saved to their content for future use.
If the user you send the link to does not have the Hunt App installed on their device, they will be taken to the iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store to download it.
Waypoints that are shared with you can be edited just like any other waypoint in your account. Visit the My Content FAQ for instructions on editing waypoints.
The Go-To Feature draws a line between your current location and a specific waypoint so you can easily navigate out in the field.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Hunt App: Click here to update iOS and Android.
- Create and save a waypoint, or locate an existing waypoint. Visit the Map Tools FAQ for instructions on creating and saving waypoints.
- Tap the waypoint on the map.
- A message will appear with the waypoint's name and date it was created. In the top right corner of this message, tap the "Go to" button.
The map will move to your current location, and a line will appear showing the direction from your location (blue dot) to the waypoint. This line is "as the crow flies" and does not show turn-by-turn directions.
You will see a box in the upper left corner of the map indicating the distance from your location to the waypoint.
Tap the white X on the left side of this box to stop navigating to the waypoint. A message will appear that asks "Are you sure you want to end "Go to" navigation?"
Tap "End" to stop navigation and resume normal function.
Tap "Cancel" to continue navigating.
Want to make sure you're headed in the right direction? Tap the bulls-eye button in the bottom right corner of the map twice to orient the map in the direction you're facing.