Share a Waypoint with another onX user.
The Waypoint will appear on the other user's map at the same location, but will not transfer the Waypoint's name, notes, icon or color.
Waypoint sharing is currently only available in the onX Hunt App, not on Web Map.
Sharing From the Main Map
- Locate the Waypoint you want to share on your map. If the Waypoint does not exist yet, create a new Waypoint at that location.
- Tap the Waypoint's icon.
- Tap the three dots in the bottom-right corner of the message bubble above the Waypoint.
- Tap "Share" or "Share Location."
Sharing From the My Content Menu
- Tap the My Content Button at the bottom of the main screen to open the My Content Menu.
- Locate the Waypoint you want to share in the menu.
- Tap "Edit" to the right of the Waypoint name.
- Tap "Share" in the top-right corner.
Or, tap "Share" in the next to the latitude and longitude coordinates.
After Tapping the "Share" Button
- A menu of messaging apps currently installed on your device will appear. You will use one of these messaging apps to send the Waypoint to the other user.
- onX recommends sharing your Waypoint by text message so the other user receives it immediately.
- The following message will be sent to the other user, along with a link:
"I want to share a Waypoint with you. View it in the onX Hunt App here"
- When the user taps the link in the message, it will open the onX Hunt App to the location of the Waypoint and save the Waypoint into the user's My Content folder.
- The Waypoint will be named "Shared." The date associated with the Waypoint will be the date when it was shared.
- If the individual you send the Waypoint to does not have the onX Hunt App installed currently, they will be directed to the download page for the app.