onX has partnered with Eastmans’ to bring you a new scouting and research tool for Western hunters.
The Eastmans' layer focuses on research data for three game species in 11 states:
- Mule Deer: AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA and WY
- Elk: AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA and WY
- Pronghorn: AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, UT, and WY
Using a simple color coded scheme to rank each hunting unit you can quickly focus in on the unit that fits your needs for application time.
The data displayed in this layer is identical to that provided in the Eastmans’ MRS section of their magazine, but is presented in a visual mapping format.
Tap on any hunting unit to view detailed information, such as the weighted score (0-100), unit number, area notes, trophy quality forecast, success rates, and draw odds.
Tap or click the "Layer Settings" button underneath the Eastmans' MRS Layer to switch between species.
What is Eastmans’?
With a long history in the hunting industry Mike Eastman started the nationally acclaimed magazine Eastmans’ Hunting Journal in 1987. The records are updated once a year for each species and state. To learn more, visit the Eastmans’ webpage.
How do I purchase the Eastmans' Layer?
The Eastmans' Layer can be added to your onX Membership for $9.99 per year.
- Log into Web Map
- Click My Layers on the left side of the screen, then click Nationwide
- The Eastmans' Layer will be listed under the Hunt section; click the red "Buy" button next to the layer. This layer can also be purchased through the App in the same way.