You can update your onX Hunt Chip free for one year after registering. Follow this link to register your onX Hunt Chip. After the first year, you will need to purchase a Premium ($29.99 per year) or Elite ($99.99 per year) Membership. Updating will not change the state or add additional states to your onX Hunt Chip.
If you already have an onX Hunt Account and have paid the Membership fee, skip to step 3.
- Create an onX Hunt Account.
Follow this link to create a new onX Hunt account.
- Purchase a Premium or Elite Membership.
- Follow this link to purchase a Premium Membership.
- Follow this link to purchase an Elite Membership. Note: the Elite Membership allows you to view map information for all 50 states in the onX Hunt App and Web Map, but your onX Hunt Chip will include only the original state.
- Follow this link if you have a Membership Redeem Code.
- Connect your onX Hunt Chip to your desktop or laptop computer. Follow this link to learn how to connect your chip to your computer.
- Follow this link to log in to onX Hunt Web Map.
- Click the "Chip Updater" Button on the left side of the screen.
- Click "Download for macOS." A file named ChipUpdaterMac.pkg will download into your computer's default download location.
- Locate the ChipUpdaterMac.pkg file and run it.
- Once the installation is complete, click the Launchpad Icon along the bottom of the screen.
- Locate the "ChipUpdaterMac" program, and launch it.
- Enter your onX Hunt email and password and click "Login."
- Click the box next to "I agree to the terms of the License Agreement" and click the "Next" button.
- The program will scan your computer for the onX Hunt Chip and display the old version and the new version. Click "Next" to begin the update.
- The Chip Updater will complete 3 tasks. The entire process will take between 10 minutes to an hour depending on your internet speed.
- When the update is complete, click the "Exit" button.