- Confirm Your GPS is Compatible
Click here to view our list of compatible GPS devices
- Update the Software on Your GPS
IMPORTANT! Remove the onX Hunt Chip from your GPS before you update your Garmin software.
Click here to install Garmin's WebUpdater program and update your GPS
- Remove the Chip, Clean It and Reinstall
- Remove the onX Hunt Chip from your GPS.
- Clean the brass contacts on the back of the chip with a dry, clean cloth or paper towel.
- Reinstall the chip in your GPS.
- Reset Your GPS to Factory Specifications
If your GPS is not listed, consult your owner's manual for factory reset instructions.
- eTrex factory reset instructions
- GPSMAP factory reset instructions
- Oregon factory reset instructions
- Montana factory reset instructions
- Rino factory reset instructions
IMPORTANT: Resetting your GPS will delete any Waypoints, lines, shapes and tracks saved in the internal storage.
Click here for instructions on making a back-up of this information.
- Test the Chip in Another GPS Device or a Computer
- If you have access to another computer, try installing the onX Hunt Chip on that computer instead.
- If you have access to another GPS device, try installing the onX Hunt Chip on that device instead.
If the onX Hunt Chip works with one device but not another, this indicates that the problem is with the device itself and not the onX Hunt Chip.
Consult the device's manufacturer for further instructions.